Parking

Pre Park Run thoughts -

Had a nice block of training and certainly getting fit now. My confidence isn't sky high - I think 17.30 is an obvious target as it's an obvious start point. Not too shit that you can't build to 16.xx but any slower and you start to seriously worry!

Feeling that 330w may not be enough. Looking at early runs last year 335-340w was good for 17.15 to 17.30 so it's likely to need to be around there while weight is higher. I am guessing I'll start and just aim to be in the 330s tomorrow and hope a 5.3x flashes up on the first mile lol

Can I hold 330w+ now that I am not sure. Not in a position of having leading sessions and runs so far. Last year started with an 18.31 and then a 17.14 a week later so finger crossed I go straight in at week 2 lol.

This is going to be the first taster of where fitness is so it'll indicate everything over the next few weeks.

If I am lacking it feels that it's going to be in both directions - not enough speed and not strong enough so it's I'll likely never get on top of pace and slowly fade without exploding but who knows !!

Body holding up OK, had a good roll and stretch today and I'll stay healthy tonight and get plenty of sleep. Touch wood the race report is positive.

The Outcome

Met Ian to drive up and Mark at the P&R. Nice easy warm up. Can't lie, legs felt good today and no aches and pains.

From the gun I settle in, look at watch and power is waaaayyyy over 335w. Feels pretty relaxed. Settle down quickly and relax, few good people to work around. Reel in some fast starters and settle in. First mile up in 5.37 on my Garmin but seem to be way past the tree. Good news. I'm on target plus I reckon I'm 4-5 secs faster.

Second mile I'm on the front of group, chasing someone down with someone up my arse. Mr T is about 15 secs ahead and just aiming to keep that gap consistent. Power is reading really high so switch off from that and focus on just keeping things consistent.

Finish 2nd mile in 5.39 on Garmin so right where it needs to be. Just need to focus.  Feel pretty good, not got any more pace but I do feel strong.

Get passed and gapped. Not making inroads ahead, starts to feel a little like effort by the top of the course. Know I'm on a decent enough time now as not far enough to explode. Focus is to finish as strong as I am now rather than turn myself inside out for a few seconds. Try to relax, pace is where it needs to be.

Up the long drag straight and mile 3 up in 5.40 so I know it's solid. Last bit to finish and cross the line in 17.27 (17.29 official). Nice and consistent set of splits.

Scores on the doors -

5km - 17.29 - 165 bpm - 5.38/mm

Splits from Stryd -

3.27 - 344w - 151 bpm

3.30 - 344w - 166 bpm

3.30 - 345w - 170 bpm

3.34 - 345w - 170 bpm

3.27 - 345w - 171 bpm

Wow, most consistent set of splits I think I have ever had !!

Solid start point, pretty much minimum standard.  From this - need to get legs speed going so more work in the 5.15 - 5.20 range. I'm strong but cannot afford to let that go I need both to go hand in hand.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block