Progress

Another week banked and finally feels like I am getting proper progress.

40 miles for the week. Started feeling pretty tired from previous weeks big miles but started to move by the end of the week and today's run paces finally down towards where they need to be.

The key now is going to be getting a benchmark in next weekend. Hopefully I'll get a decent hit out at Storys Field. That will let me know where the weaknesses are.

Key to progress is going to be not stalling and plateauing. Identify what's lacking and prod that.

The volume session last week I will repeat as that's shown a lack of conditioning. I need that threshold to be bullet proof and keep pace / HR relationship in line. Will be interesting to see what the Alphafly bring to the party there as I was seriously unimpressed with the Streakfly.

The leg turnover session will start at 18.5 kmph and progress as I should start to be working last few reps at the correct paces. This is a huge bang for buck session for me and key to getting down below 17 min range in the next few weeks.

Every week I need to honestly assess where I am am and move forward. I need to keep the longer run at 12 miles but next week may need to combine that with Saturdays Parkrun as it's Mothers Day Sunday.

I also need to keep the easy / steady runs to 6.5 - 7 mile range just to keep the miles topped up. Bit more time on feet and slowly decrease that pace as I get stronger. 

Decent finish to the week though and feeling confident for next weekend that it won't be a total disaster. If I can keep progressing this way and drop some weight things could get spicy in a month or two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo