Pulling a Week Out Of The Flames

3 rest days at the start of the week. Sore throat and taking no risks. Got back on it Thursday and managed to get some productivity done so all in all not a bad result from what could have been dire straights!

Mon & Tuesday did some S&C work just to stop myself going mad. No cardio with lungs being affected so strength is fine.

5 & 4 on Thursday all nice and easy and started to get to sub 7.30 by the end of the day. Intervals on track Friday were very laboured in the wind. Leg speed still missing but the work is getting done. Added a shakeout at the end of the day - lovely 9s. Easy run and strides on Saturday and turned the corner. low 7s felt like 8s. Legs were trashed but the pace is finally arriving. It's been a second since that pace felt that slow. Finally getting on the right train. Long easy on Sunday. Shade under 16 feeling easy at 7.42/mm.

Not ideal - 38.6 miles but CTL back to 56 and feeling pretty fresh again. Panic over.

Plan now is to have a big week (that I had planned this week) to finish putting the final touches to winter base work. The I'll race end of next week and that'll set me up to prepare for indoors.

The intervals on the track are a struggle - I just have such a fine line between comfortable and blowing out of my arse. Speed reserve is around 30 secs for 200m and that needs to be much quicker. It'll come with time, and as long as I'm fit and healthy that will happen. 

Pace on Saturdays run showed what I have been doing has really paid off. Low 7s felt like a stroll. I'm on the border of a jump in form and that's what I really need to see.

5k up weekend after next, lots of options but it'll likely be Parkrun as just so convenient. I'll back off that week and aim to arrive with legs feeling in good nick regardless of the conditions.

Still hoping to see an increase in speed at the track, it's just so bleugh at the minute. Am I in 2.18 shape for 800m ? Probably I'd say but I really need a decent session to tee me up for when the faster stuff happens.

Plan is 7 days running next week. Feels like conditioning is almost there, legs are improving. Still weak but time to address that still.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo