Training Camp Vibes - Camp Done

10 days of base all finished. OK, so that's not entirely true, I've actually had a pretty decent build up since I returned from holiday and aside from the odd week that's been hampered I've hovered around 50 miles per week.

Volumes were thus ...

51,62,34,57,60,45,55,40,58,42,53,51,57,21,12,45,44,45,50,60,39,60

That's actually 22 weeks of base training !! Blimey it's almost half a year just to get ready to start racing !! Avge of 47 miles per week which with 2/3 low weeks is pretty darn good for 5km fitness.

Last run of BASE today and it was the best run of the entire block. Aim was to run 5 miles steady (just under threshold) and around 6.25/mm ish pace with a mile easy at the end. Outcome was 6 miles at 6.17/mm with mile splits at 6.37, 6.09, 6.07, 6.07, 5.53 and 6.43 cool down. HR maxed at 159 and was 149 bpm for the 6 which is incredibly low. Off of that I know I am in really good shape easpecially off tired legs.

In fact it's up there with one of my best ever training runs for effort to pace. That was very comfortable today.

Plan now is to ease the legs off tomorrow and the intervals Tuesday, easy double Weds and ease in to a race Saturday although still not 100% on venue.

Last 5km was just before new year and 17.04 on a very grippy day so hopefully let my legs of the leash and see what's happening now as the next block it to get some solid times under my belt. I hate to predict times when I think I am in much better shape because who wants to look a twat but I'd me mad not to at least try and run an oapb.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo