Training Camp Vibes - Long Run

Last long run of the block done on very tired legs. The hilly and soul destroying Alconbury Loop ! Good news is it all went well. Pace got better as we went on and legs although tired were responsive enough.

This run brings up 54 for the week (70 rolling 7 day average) and 93 miles for 10 days with 1 to go. Added 6 points to my CTL from 53 to 59 too so almost back to where it was in late November.

Plan for tomorrow is a solid 5 miles at just under threshold pace - top end of steady as a confidence builder (if my legs hold out over night !!).

Really feeling fitter at the minute and first 70 mile week for nearly 11 years.

It's all for shit though if I'm not getting faster so the plan next week is to ease in to a ParkRun on Saturday. Not sure where as it'll be weather dependent but most likely bet is Stories although Ferry Meadows or Bedford could be done if it's slippery out.

Right now I am bang where my target paces are when I am fit but I really need to move those on a level as I go forward now. I do notice when I ramp up the paces that my 5k times come down so hopefully off the back of indoor racing i'll finally nail a decent one !!

Recover tonight and back on it tomorrow to see this base block out. Cannot wait to race again, missing those weekly Park Run efforts already !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo