Run stretch roll rest repeat

Decent week last week in the end.  Only 4 days of running every other day but the quality was pretty good and I got a bike session in on the off days.

Sunday was a longish 10 @ 6:52/mm which was pretty strong and didn't take too much out of me.

Back on the rolling and stretching today. I am pretty sure the problems come from issues in the hip (piriformis/glutes/sciatica) so I have focused on releasing those off.  Shin was painful today but the rehab seems to work.

Not sure what to do tomorrow exactly but looking back at my 'good' run form in the past during triathlon season focusing on solid runs of 10k - 8 miles with a solid 10 and a 10k tempo helped.

I'll try to commit to keeping the decent pace up, so reasonable runs around 6.40-6.50 pace are the target.

Probably be something like -

Tue - 6 miles @ 6.45/mm
Thu - 8 inc 10k @ tempo (6:20/mm or 160 bpm)
Sat - 10 @ 6:50/mm

Ideally I'd keep a minimum of 4 runs but it's proving impossible to streak 2 days and I don't want to go back to long term lay off so I'll keep at this until we're clear.

I'll total rest today (see if that helps) and bike the other 3 non-run days so not a total disaster.

Pain in the arse because weight loss was good and now I'm slowly returning a bit but at least the pace is holding up for much less effort.

Next step is to see if removing the extra insole on the left helps, if not we'll add and additional one Thursday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block