Testing testing 1...2...3

After Tuesday's session, the shin was sore (see last post) so I did the adult thing and rested. Along with a LOT of stretching and rolling (I also did 45 mins turbo every day to stay on top).

It's frustrating to have a set back at this stage but I know I realistically don't have any more chances to make a run back. Another long lay off and I'll be forced to hang up the shoes for good. It's been since mid 2014 that I had a any kind of run form and late 2013 since I last had any half decent results.  I simply do not have the heart to comeback from zero again.

I know deep down it's tight muscle and patience (and pain - i.e foam rolling) will get me through it but it's still very annoying.  I'm closing in on that sub 18 gateway that opens the door to much faster runs.

At this time of year it's also going to get cold and slippery out so chances of getting a decent time banked are slim to non-existent so better to close shop on the racing and head into Jan - Feb with solid training banked. Ideally come out swinging January at the county XC and then push on from there chasing times with better conditions.

So - ran today. 3.7 miles in 30 mins. Felt OK, funnily enough the shin only complains between runs and is almost completely easy while running. Have already stretched and rolled and will hit that hard tonight. The acid test will be tomorrow being able to run again. Otherwise we aim to run every other day and see if a days rest / manipulation helps.

Last time I had shin splints changing shoes to Nike Vomero for mileage munching cured it overnight. I ordered some recently and I believe they are so much harsher than the previous ones and actually may have made the problem worse this time around. I'll try running in the Pegasus for now and if it eases then I'll have to order something more easy going.

The boy is flying at the minute. Decent 2nd in Eastern XC yesterday. I'm trying to get him stronger over longer tempos and when he paces right he's much much better. Still have in mind seeing him run a sub 18 early next year which is a possibility. For now, he has enough races to keep him interested for the rest of this year. Maybe a sub 19 at Bedford park run in December though.

Touch wood it's good news tomorrow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo