Mini Tempo

Out with junior tonight. Aim was the usual 5 mile HR test. Pretty soon realised the boy was not up for it.

So after 3 miles I hit a hard mile at way over tempo effort to stretch the legs and see what was under the bonnet.

Outcome was -

1 mile @ 7:29/mm 138 bpm
1 mile @ 7:02/mm 149 bpm
1 mile @ 6:54/mm 151 bpm
1 mile @ 5:43/mm 166 bpm
0.9 mile @ 7:31/mm 146 bpm

Felt really good tonight, obviously following no running yesterday legs were fresher. It's not actually a bad set up if I can get away with effort like this to go every other day but I will pesevere with the plan to increase miles slowly and keep consistency in. I'm not here to keep knocking on the door of 18 mins I need to be much, much quicker than that!

Legs felt good, shin was little achey at first but not so bad after. Loads of stretching again tonight then I will attempt tempo tomorrow.

Looking at how it went last time I will probably keep the half hour to a solid heart rate and see what happens.  Something like 10 mins @ 145 bpm, 30 mins @ 160 bpm, 10 mins easy and not trash the legs too much (hopefully!) I'm only looking to keep things together at the minute until the legs are ready to push harder again without risking injury.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo