Fooooooorrrrrrrmmmmm

It's all I shout at the boys while they are doing efforts.  Well, in fairness Sawyer actually always runs with good form. He only needed on session and he's not dipped since.

Jacob on the other hand needs reminding.  Effort throwing your arms in the wrong direction is wasted effort.  The boy has big aims this year so needs to get every ounce out.  Form is key to running quickly.  That effort needs to be focused on going forwards!

My running form this week is 100% helping rehab. The shin is still not healed but feels noticeably better daily.  Sunday I struggled walking without any pain but post run mornings now are easier and it's getting to the point I can look at running 5/6 times per week.

Yesterday Jake needed to do a session. He's had a pony week and has a race on Sunday so for confidence we jogged to the lake in Cambourne and he went after the KOM to give him something to aim for.  Net result was 2.04 for ~0.46m at around 2.20 pace.  Looked strong so we sacked the second effort off - he's clearly in race shape so to keep the confidence high he went for he shorter KOM of around 53 seconds on the flat.

I ran both with him, on the lake I was huffnig and puffing (trying to run too hard is not an option yet) and ran 2.20 for around 5.30 pace. Not terrible right now.  On the flat sprint I took the old KOM in 52 secs (4:45 pace) then the boy dismantled that with 43 secs.

Today and tomorrow I am just planning to get some easy miles in to keepo the weight loss going.  I will not get back on a schedule until I am pretty much pain free.  It's still not quite there but getting close.

I am actually at the stage I can't imagine just being pain free running.  General fitness is OK but again, If I can get back to 40 miles per week with some decent pace the weight should drop to sub 11 stone and from there I can start really pushing on as recovery will be much easier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo