HR Test

Back to the old 5 mile HR test today. Setting the same. 1 mile @ 140 bpm, 1 mile @ 150 bpm, 1 mile @ 155 bpm, 1 mile @ 160 bpm and 1 mile cool down.

Really struggled to keep below 150 bpm for second half of first mile but just under 7:30/mm (walkd for 10 secs to bring it down). 7:02/mm for the 150 bpm mile pretty good considering a good head wind and 6:43 for the 3rd mile.

Last mile started hard and felt a little ropey towards the end but 6:27/mm is OK. Sub 6 is really good for this section but the main thing is each mile is progressive (when unfit these zones blend).

Good little session this and a great way to get some half decent pace into a 5 imler. Always nice to look back at old sessions to compare to.

Last time I did this I felt better but ran slower and was just off an 18:27 parkrun. Obvs not ideal but I would take that right now in this weight class with a dodge leg!

The cool down mile I eased off and shin was aching.  I took out the extra insole and heel insert and felt much better after that so I will test that next run.

For now I have to put some tie into rehab - weights specifically.  The stretching and rolling is OK I have been good at that but still need to strengthen.  My achilles still isn't 100% either.

Boys have had an indoor and outdoor race in the last week.  Sawyer a mighty 2:54 for 800m and 2:07 for 600m.  Jacob 2:22.7 for 800m and 2:58 for 1,000m.  Solid efforts all around there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo