Final Destination

Another week in the bag, this time no switched sessions! Even managed to get them done at times that work for me. Have to say, possibly the best week nailed - possibly ever for the shape I am in!  Every session done at the right pace, HR was good and progress is being made. Happy days.

The but - there always is - is my butt. My glutes are still not quite right. I'd take that at this stage though as it seems muscular which means I am finally working them hard.

Found an older video of my running form on my phone today - from around May when I ran a 16.47 5k TT. Rear form was perfect - almost too high with the butt kick but you can clearly see the front leg extension not reaching far enough. Need to do another one at some stage to compare as I would say that with the form corrections I have made I should be better.

Glutes aside I am shocked that I don't really get any other aches and pains. Everything seems to be holding up. I feel good enough to be confident to push almost every day. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to run relaxed Thursday and Saturday and my body certainly appreciates Monday rest day BUT I don't crawl across the line. Saying that I still do a shit load of rehab work - stretching, rolling, tens, strength so that has gotta help right?

I do have the occasional CBA day but I think that's mainly due to diet if I eat and drink a lot of crap! Something to focus on there if I ever get serious lol

Have had 4 weeks now since Bedford. A week of base followed by 3 weeks of increasing sessions. With it now being deep winter and no real races on the horizon I'm starting to consider putting in back off weeks. I'll try and finish up this week as per the usual plan but next week probably look to relax a little. Maybe drop the session length and knock a bit of pace off the other runs. As I'm only running ~35 miles a week I don't really need to drop much volume. Last week was a shade under 6.30 avge pace so probably drop that closer to 7?

Boris seems to be on board with #project15 as it looks like we'll be able to race from next Wednesday regardless of what's happening with this tier crap. 

December is always a strange month, in the olden days early December was county cross country champs but nowadays that's January. This year should be easier to navigate as silly season (many, many piss ups) won't happen so it should be easier to stay fit and healthy.

I feel a heck of a lot fitter right now than I did when I ran Bedford. Paces and sessions are way up on what I was doing but I need to be 30 secs faster and in worse conditions so it's going to be a big ask any time soon.

Race wise there are options. Like training I will probably go full Secret Squirrel until I get that monkey off my back. I need to go into this with only 1 thought in my head, I'll worry about racing once it's done.  I've had thoughts about going under 16 since 2010 and it feels like I am finally over the bulk of the work.

Talking of training, seeing Mr T back running with DC is nice. Looking forward to joining in once mission accomplished. I'm nostalgic for those old days we had a decent group going for track sessions and tempos! As long as they don't start annoying each other again and going to war haha !!

So plan this week... 

Hit the standard build week. Go easier and longer on Sundays long run. Add in extra daily glute strength work. Keep it simple !!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block