Little Bit

Little bit injured, little bit ill.

Was going to post about glute rehab work I'd been doing but now it seems a bit worse than I feared.

Firstly the little bit ill. Def feel a bit chesty. Slight sore throat but nothing major to worry about. Only really mention it as timing it with injury seems pretty handy!

I always EXPECT to be ill at some stage in December. It goes with the territory - booze, cold, late nights, mixing. This year I thought I may actually stave it off but it's been so long since I had anything that I can take this on the chin. Either way, plenty of Lemsip & plenty of sleep and 'll be 100% healthy again in a few days

The little bit injured - well that's a little more complicated.

The hip flexor - always the bloody hips - seems to be strained. Self diagnosis says that tight glutes have probably pulled on the hip joint and pulled the flexors too much. A second day off today and I'll hammer the rehab (roll, ice, hammer, tens, stretch, activation).

It wouldn't be an issue at all if I wasn't coming off a good training block and into a very short period of races opening up ! I'd always planned to back off over Christmas but it seems the body is maybe 2 weeks short of where it needed to get to.

It's been a strange niggle as when running it's been absolutely fine. I could probably go out and hammer a session today without breaking down but it'll only push the can down the road.

Not sure how much changing form has contributed to the issue but looking back it's been pretty solid since mid July (stomach issues) and All the way back to mid June since I had an injury (5+ months) and Early April before that. 

So rest up, do the rehab and monitor day by day. I know going between builds I get stronger - the rest does me good. It's just frustrating as I am keen to get a decent marker in at some stage before the end of the year.

Best case - all good tomorrow for a test run and then ease back into things early next week. Worst case - few more days off and then slow return to easy running, sack off any race plans and just bring forward Christmas training plans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block