Will I Won't I...

Hmm, sitting here this morning. Slept much better last night and the rehab has definitely helped. Hip feels about 90-95% right. No pain whatsoever, very little in the way of tightness. Still feel something there but it's clearly on the mend.

Now the question - to run or not to run today. I know deep down I should leave it another day. That way I can be pretty confident that it will be even better. But (excuse the butt) I'd like to test it and at least find out if running will compound any damage. Also, not running today may not improve anything.

So, I'll do the usual pre-run warm up today. Lots of rolling, hot/cold shower, stretching, glute activation and make a final decision once I'm ready. I'm pretty certain I'll test it but I'll see.

2 unplanned days off, shouldn't really affect fitness at all but it's the mental side of the game that takes the biggest hammering.

Pre run weigh in - 10st 11lbs - about 3 lbs over 'normal'

So, I set up, got fired up and ran.

8.66 miles @ 6:24/mm. Pretty decent considering, definitely felt a little rusty - even if it's only 2 days off my conditioning is on a knife edge off the mileage I am putting in. Hips - left one which has been most painful was zero. Right side - strangely aches more during runs was very slight pulling in hip flexor.

Surprisingly I am glad that I did it! It's not over yet - lets see how I wake up tomorrow BUT I feel like I am back in the game. All being well it's time to pick a race, wrap up in cotton wool and plan myself to get to the start line with half a chance of a decent run.

Next week I will adapt the plan to be more cautious. The hard work is in the bag, time to just work on staying healthy.

Cautiously optimistic that I can progress...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block