Breaking Properly

I'm already tetchy. There's a bit of me that wants to just keep trying to jog BUT on the whole I feel like taking an end of season break actually makes me feel like I am controlling the situation!

Many (many) years ago, after my last track race of the season (usually GRE Cup final or last league race) I took a couple of weeks completely off. Usually went away on a lads holiday and ate / drank myself at least a stone in weight. I'd come back and start training fairly half arsed all the way up until New Years Day. After an all nighter for NYE I would wake up on Jan 1st and think shit, only 4 months until track season. Then I'd be completely focussed to getting fit.

During my 2 weeks off I had no issues not running, there was no part of me desperate top get out for a jog, in fact when I came back from October to end of year I would do every session but they would be pretty lazy efforts. Get it done but no way I was killing myself out there.  Oh to have today's attitude back then !!

Even though I am breaking, I am actually a bit broken. So still need to do some rehab. Focus today is massage. Legs, hips & back with the gun and massage tools. Tomorrow I am booked in with Jenny for a deep tissue massage - focus on my back which I still think is fucking everything up.

If I can keep weight sub 10 st 9 lbs then I'll not panic about doing any other cardio. It was 10 7 today so after a curry and beers last night nothing to panic about.

Must admit, genuinely looking forward to starting again. Lots of good ideas to get where I need to be but a healthy, non-flabby body is the starting point!

Ahh, the point of this - I am going to add in an extra insole to left shoe. See if tight hips has caused a leg imbalance. May actually jog for 5 mins this weekend if that does help just to see if it makes a difference!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo