Healing Hands

Started to finally feel a lot looser around the hip today. It's amazing once you give in to the injury it all starts to fall to bits. I'm convinced if I had kept running I'd be patching myself up but getting sessions done.

This week it's been the worst I have felt it and I haven't done a stroke since Saturday (well, apart from a gingerly tester on Tuesday). 

Yesterday I went to see Jenny for a deep tissue massage and it really helped. I think that the trauma of running just tightened up everything so she loosensed off my back mainly but also my hammys and glutes.

The outcome was that it was clear to see how tight my hammy left was at the top by the insertion to the hip. This is probably what's causing the gip now.

This morning all felt much better, back is looser (still needs work) but hip is generally much better. Giving myself an extra few days I am finally confident that I should be clear when I start again - well, scratch that. It won't be clear but it'll be runable !

Looked back over some old blogs - 2009 I had similar issue and it went on for 8 weeks or so before I returned. Actually at the start running wasn't 100% but it settled - I am pretty sure this will be the same. Combination of strength and running should mean I can slowly build.

Have a solid plan once I return to get where I need to. Motivation is pretty high as it always is during injury but I'm fairly confident this time that I'll come back better than last time ;)

Friday today so fingers crossed same level of improvement until next week and then I'll play it by ear. Not going to do the whole push / prod thing, when I start again it's all systems go !


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo