Pesky Piriformis Syndrome

I guess I kinda knew it was likely to be something like this.  Phyiso Simon diagnosed it pretty quickly so guess it's a likely candidate.  Either way it's nice to know what it is so I can manage rehab.

Good deep massage and later today my back is tight so stuff is happening. Decided to take the planned rest anyway as still looking to race tomorrow.

I'll do lots of stretching and focus my S&C more towards core now as I think that may be where the weakness is creeping in. It's not directly affecting running yet as pain is mostly nagging rather than painful but I'll also need to take more ibro to manage levels.

Frustrating that it's always this time of year that I seem to get injured (Nov / Dec) but hoping that this one just passes without causing a big full stop.

Plan will be to keep to 5 days running, keep a lid on things and try to do my long reps session as focus and race hard(ish) if all good once per week.

I'll do S&C on my 'off' days and look to build core / glute strength as focus.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo