Building upwards

Solid week training banked this week.  Very similar to last week but just trying to add a few more miles as I build a speedwork plan up to 40 miles per week!

Decent 400m race (for me at this stage) on Monday so lots of confidence for the week. Intervals Friday once I had fully recovered although I was feeling very bleugh - 10 x 60 on and 30 off on the tready.  Felt much better than expected but this was followed by a tired weekend running!

Bit of a busy week with lots going on so wasn't 100% focus.

At this stage the plan is to keep building on what I am doing. Try and keep slowly adding more speed to the top end and a few extra miles and runs here and there to build economy.  If I can get that 400m to sub 60 seconds then I am really close to the bottom end of where it needs to be!

The post session runs are VERY tired and laboured if I am honest. I'm quite enjoying running to feel - mainly 5 miles or so with strides in the middle - but I am 110% battered for a couple of days after a session.

The strength work adds to this but needs must.  The plan now is to try and consistently build the week up so that it has 2/3 sessions and the easy runs feel much easier from the off.

I know I could go easier, keep the legs pepped up and run everything in that high 6 / low 7 range but that's not what's needed if I want to be fast. It's a real back to the start methodology but it does *seem* to be working!

It's probably a lot more tempting to go back to traditional 5k training than I am letting on, but I just need to re-focus myself as a 400m / 800m runner and build up.

My 400m converts to around 2.15 for 800m which is great right now. If I can get that around 2.10 shape by the end of September I'll be very happy and ready to kick on to the pointy end of races.

Looking forward to winter training already and a solid block of tempo work as I push to a more 1500m - 3000m type plan. Really excited for indoors racing when I should be back in better shape.

Aiming to run at least 35 miles this week with the 3 sessions.  No races this week (for me anyway) so a chance to build some foundations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block