Speedwork week 2

 2 weeks in to the new plan.  Been a little strange with the weather, both intense heat and incredible rain affecting sessions!

Have missed alittle more training volume than I would like - it keeps the weight under control - but sessions have been ok.

Reality is I'm either doing really hard sessions OR crazy tired between them!

Weeks are build around - Tuesday track work. 3 x (200m,200m,400m) - Friday treadmill intervals. 5 x 2 mins off 60 recovery and Sunday Hills.

I'm battered between them and struggling to hit sub 8/mm on runs but i guess as I adapt and get stronger that will come down.

Paces are pretty good.  Last track session was 32 avge for the 200m reps and 69 avge for the 400s (67 on the last one).  The 2 min intervals I will keep to 5/mm and add in extra rep and also reduce recovery but for now that's a tough session!

Need to do more S&C work and get stronger. Core is still weak but it's in progress!

So that's pretty much back up to speed.  Volume is low as I adapt but I will add in more and more shakeouts of 20-30 mins very easy to add some volume.

Really, it's just the recovery between sessions that's the killer.  I am shattered between them so it'll take time to start feeling good again throughout the week.

The diet and been really good as I'm living with possible coeliac.  Still waiting for appointment for final tests but I have been eating significantly better.  Weight is hovering around 10st 10 lbs so only 3-4 lbs of target race weight and should come easy when mileage gets up over 40 per week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block