Just take up gardening

Hunts AC club 100m champs last night.  First track race of the season.  I will preamble this by stating clearly that 100m is not my distance !!

Lined up in lane 4 against a bunch of 12 and 13 year old kids including Sawyer, I took my marks.

Bang.  We were off.  Well, they were!  I started so slowly I was a good 5m down on the next slowest kid in the first 10m.  At 50m I started to reel back the slower kids but the race was pretty much done.

Sawyer boy ran 2nd in an awesome 14.1 against my terrible 15.1 !!  We'll beaten but good fun.  

I never imagined the day I couldn't break 15 secs for 100m.  That wasn't far off my 1500m pace back in the day haha

Anyways, I did enjoy racing - even if it was horrible.  I'll do better on the longer stuff.

Woke up this morning to the usual aches and pains.  Achillies is still not right. Lots of questions when I feel like this about why do I put myself through it !!

Why not do the occasional jog when I feel up to it?  Why the obsession of trying to run as fast as I can at this age ??

It's really tempting at this stage to hang them up if I am honest.  Maybe my old legs just can't cut the speed anymore.  Maybe I should go back to the longer stuff?

It's strange, I've never understood why people like me can't just quit it and take up gardening or something relaxing.

So I know I can't quit ... yet.  One last dance, a chance to prove to myself I always had what it took I guess. 

This morning I did my weighted leg raises,  if I am going to run hard I have to sort out my achillies that's been holding me back.  Start slow and low - get on top of the achillies first.  Build in plyo second. Build in core third. Work my way up the chain.  Finally once I can bound without issues work on leg speed, my god my legs were slow last night !!  

I had planned on an easy week this week anyways so I'll do some jogging and strides when I can but focus on the rehab stuff.

400m next Monday - now that will be interesting !!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block