Hunts AC 400m

Every morning as I get out of bed I prey for good legs and not the solid mahogany ones that I seem to usually get. Today was so-so.  No major aches but the achilles certainly wasn't feeling 100%.

As I settle in to my morning routine - 2 pints of water followed by 3 coffees before breakfast things settled down.

Managed a nice easy shakeout 5k with some drills.  The best I could say about my legs is they were 'unresponsive'!

Headed over to the track pretty late as I just wanted to arrive and crack on with the warm up. It's only a minute or so of effort anyway!

Warmed up OK and dare I say felt not too bad considering how I felt on this mornings run.

Was in race 1 with the girls from Dereks group. Combined age of the 3 girls was barely over my 45+ years!

Got a decent start unlike last weeks 100m and settled in after a hard opening 100m. Tried to relax down the back straight and keep the cadence high.

At 200m started feeling good and pushed hard around the bend. Hit the straight and immediately started to think I was going to fall over I was so tired!

Worked hard (for an old fart) in the last 100m and dug as hard as I could actually surprised at how quick it all went by.

First over the line and congratulated the girls who all ran amazing.  Time called out at 62.2 which was better than I had expected. I thought just about under 65 would be about right so happy with that.

Reckon it puts me in around 2.15 shape for 800m which I will take at this stage.

Pleased with that, probably about 3 seconds off where that needs to be but considering I am still in rehab I will take it.

Thinking tonight about what is working and what I could do better and I think mainly keeping up the strength work is key.  My plan is still to build from speed work outwards which means I aim to get fast before I go further. That 400 needs to be below 60 !

The aim is still indoor season and a view to running as close to 2 mins as I can.  If I can get anywhere close to that the longer times will fall quickly.

Have a 200m in a couple of weeks which is just for fun and then the main race is the 1500m mid September.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo