Easing Off

Decent week bagged, finally feeling back on a little bit of shape after recovering from jab / hangover / sore throat! 

Tentatively decided on a rest day today. Could easily have done something but with next week in mind decided to let my legs recover 100%.

Tomorrow I'll run instead of resting and do Derek's water jump session.

Pretty much 3 sessions this week although all done under control so feeling strong enough to run the day afterwards! Nice volume for the week and average pace decent enough.

Tough shout to rest today, it's so easy to go over board but I need confidence in what I have done enough to back off. I'm 46 ffs !!

Little race block now for 2 weeks and then I have a solid 4 week training before before I go again. That's where I'll hopefully really start to hit some decent times in sessions.

Have to say backing off does make me doubt myself BUT it's really nice to feel strong all the time. After feeling tired and then ill it's a nice feeling to finally feel like I am on top of my fitness a bit.

All 3 sessions on treadmill this week. Combination of - 1 where I wanted my legs to recover, 2 was very time limited and 3 was pishing down outside and couldn't face track!

Outside runs feeling very easy at 7/mm first time in a long while. Things are moving forwards and hopefully next weekend see the benefit of that.

Really excited for races at the minute. 1500m at Bromley in 2 weeks and will be great to see how much faster I can go than Harrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo