Abs Diet

As I said yesterday, Mrs P has had me on the Abs diet now since Saturday and since my stomach issues 10 days ago I have generally been eating much healthier.

Aside from my shite race performance I have to say my running in general has improved dramatically. Pace is well under 7/mm avge and I feel much stronger. Not only that but the high protein content of the diet has left me recovering much quicker and I'm not walking like an old man first thing in the morning.

The diet is mainly based around having a protein and fruit shake in the morning, a mid morning snack (almonds & raisens), lunch of say tuna & sweetcorn on wholemeal bread, another snack, helthy dinner (salmon & rice) and a final snack of same sort of thing.

I have been topping up levels in the evening with a hot choclate but I have laid off the fried food, beer, sweets & chocolate and to be honest I haven't missed it much. We get one 'cheat' meal a week so one takeaway on Friday ! May even pop a couple of beers open!

Run wise this week is getting nailled to plan. Monday slow easy miles done, Tuesday hard tempo done, Wednesday double day relaxed runs to ease the legs off done! Rest day tomorrow so pretty confident I can handle that !!

Friday is the 2nd major run of the week, a good steady 16 miler is the plan. Will aim to get out and run 7/mm for the whole run and then lift the last mile or two to LT effort - 6:20/mm. Am on a really positive block of training - 53 miles for the past week at around 6:50 pace so running strong. Good rest day tomorrow and back strong for Fridays run fingers crossed. Saturday I will knock some hills out with Kye first things and then Sunday do a nice steady run at some stage.

It's my boys birthday party Sunday so won't be able to get out for the Frostbite league. I am gutted not to turn out for the club and have a go but confidence wise I need to make my next few races count. Can't keep racing like a bum!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block