VO2 Max Testing

VO2 Max testing today. DC arranged for myself, Ed & Iand to go and have a test at University of Hertfordshire.

Really looking forward to seeing where I really am as I have always used 145 bpm 160bpm 170bpm as a guide for Easy, Steady & Tempo runs.

Started off with testing out weight (10st 6lbs), height & body fat. Have to wait for the last 2!

Warmed up 10 mins on the treadmill @ 10.5 kmph and eventually got hooked up to the gas mask.

After warm up did 20 mins lactate test starting at 14kmph (6:40/mm) on 1% incline for 4 mins then incremented every 4 mins or so by 0.5 kmph.

Got to 16 kmph or 6/mm before the test ended as lactate soared. Felt pretty tough and HR got to around 170 bpm at this pace so no surprises after Sundat that LT is probably between 6:05 - 6:10/mm

5 mins recovery and it was time to get Max HR for the VO2 max test. Ran starting at 15 kmph increasing incline to 3% and pace to 17.5 kmph before I bailled out at around 9 mins for 185 bpm.

Very hard work but seeing Ed on the running test maybe I didn't totally kill myself? Ian did the bike VO2 max test and was killing it at 400 odd watts.

Good little session. No idea how far I ran but was roughly 40 mins at 6:30 overall pace I reckon.

Legs felt OK afterwards, think Sunday is flushed out of the system now. Road reps tomorrow, hopefully loaded with tempo pace from the feedback from Matt. Now I have the info time to use it to move up to the next level.

After Gt Eastern my LT was around 6:20/mm so good solid improvement. At that rate I should be 5:40/mm by End of the year which would be bloody nice!

Slowly improving, things feel positive right now. Know I am not flying but I have only been tempoing for November and hoping to keep getting quicker every week now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo