A Bit Bleuuuuggggghhhhh...

Rested Thursday. Diet was a bit all over the place as I was trying to do it on my own. Mr P was staying at a friends house. They have just had their first baby and my pal was away on business so Mrs P went to help doing the night feeds and stuff. So I had all 3 kids on my own. Nursery run for Sawyer & Lola then school run for Jacob. Miltary operation getting them organised but got it done!

Friday (after dumping the kids in their relevant education establishments) set up for my run. Plan was 16 miles steady but with the rain I really didn't fancy getting wet for 2 hours as I've been feeling under the weather for a week or so. So dropped plan to 10. As I had on long sleeve, hat, jacket etc. etc. I binned the Garmin and ran to feel. really CNBA with this run. After 7 I just decided I wasn't enjoying it, first run for a long time I just wasn't happy running. Pace was OK, no niggles just really didn't want to be out there.

So ran a mile route home to make it 8 and just called it a day. Spoke to DC later in the day and said I have one bad run per week and put it down to that. Since I have thought about it, I don't even think it was a bad run. Just didn't enjoy it. It was just a bit bleuugggghhh! Maybe I was tired/ill/etc. but just did not have my head in it.

Dropped the boys off at my parents house last night, they are spedning 2 nights there (good luck!) so lots of driving as I had to go to Huntingdon shopping beforehand. Mrs P out again with the girls so had my cheat meal (allowed one cheat per week on the diet) of Dominoes & beer. 4 x Singha beer went down very nicely! Mrs P back by 11 so both crashed out till Lola woke up this morning.

Out this morning for a run. Not sure what to do as I wanted to do something a bit pacier than plodding. Originally was going to do hills but also wanted some kind of volume. So went for mile warm up (8:20 pace), 3 miles tempo (6:08, 6:08, 5:57), mile coold down (7:10) for 5.13 miles in 34:30ish

Felt good and worked hard enough. Starting to feel confident I can handle 5 miles at a decent pace but still need to be able to run these paces much easier. Will probably get out toinight for a few miles and spin the legs off a bit.

Resting HR about 5bpm above last week today so reckon all the snotty people around me in the past week have passed something over. Don't feel terrible but there is certainly something in my system.

St Neots Half next up. No idea of pace so will run this to HR - tempo effort max and see how it pans out. Aim for me right now is to get a good mileage week in next week with some decent pace work. To keep it high I will probably do 2 tempo sessions with everything else nice and easy and no recovery day and see how it winds up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block