#bigweek

So the aim was obvious, 100 miles for 7 consecutive days training. Wound up -

Sun - 4.5 & 12
Mon - 6.25 & 6
Tue - 9.25 & 5.17
Wed - 8.6
Thu - 8.8 Tempo inc 10 mins @ 6:01 & 15 mins @ 5:45
Fri - 10
Sat - 12.05 @ 6.45

82.62 miles

Pace for 150 bpm (Sunday 12, Tue 5 & Sat 12) was 6:48/mm each time. Good improvement as I was getting really tired by the end of the week.

Thursday session showed 10 mins @ 6:01/mm for 161 bpm - marathon pace - which was really, really nice and felt easy. 15 mins @ 5:45/mm after 3 x hard 40 sec sprints was fine and after 10 mins of it I dare say comfortable tempo pace.

So all in all a sucessfull week. The aim was to get some strength in the legs and I think that has got a kick start. Plan now is to pick up some speed next week into race season and then mid March to stick 2 weeks of this mileage back to back in. That will get me marathon fit BUT after todays run I am starting to think my aim is more towards 10k / half times.

Think London my target will stick at 2.3x whatever the weather but running it to HR might yield a high 2.30 something rather than killing myself to run a mid 2.3x.

Not sure tough, long way off that sort of fitness but my immediate targets are a 26.xx 5 miles at the BRJ frostbite and 34.xx 10k at Thorney. Then things get serious.

Would be nice to have a half marathon to aim at, think 1.16.xx is there for the taking right now but have nothing lined up. May need to move some races around to get one in (Silverstone?)

Things are positive for first time in a long time and looking forward to some hard tempo work with the group over the next few weeks. Training plans are purely to see tempo work in the 5.3x range and getting long runs in at MP + 30 secs (LT).

Long way to go but even I am happy with where I am at right now !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo