That's Torn It

Track last night.  After deliberating with Stevie B about what to do (road or track) we agreed on track after some goading from DC !

Turned up a bit earlier than planned, bit of banter then a couple of laps jog warm-up with Kye.  Really couldn't be arsed as the tiredness was still there.

Decided on doing a proper track session as Stevie B was a blow out.  2 x 4 x 200m.  200m walk recovery then 400m walk set rest.  A real lactic burn up that will get speed in my legs and start strengthening them.  Really it is a short cut to get fit fast as I know I will have to take some chances.

Boys set off to do 3 x 1k which they knock out in about 3.02's - very nice!

I start the 200's, feel pretty good and strong.  First set starts feeling tough towards the end but work hard.  2nd set is more into the wind but really work hard.  Get to the 8th and Ian, Dan and a couple of boys join me.  Set off and 40m in bang, the calf is gone.  Jump up and try not to load it but the damage is done.  Torn calf.

Hobble back and get home.  Ice, stretch, bath & bed.  Woke up this morning and much the same.  really tender to touch.  Have 2 pairs of compression socks on it and today will be more ice and bathing.

Bit pissed that it went but knew it would be a gamble and always knew my calves would be the limiting factor of a track return!

Good news is that the rest of me feels good.  If I can get back on track then I think I will be able to handle it if things don't fall off!!

Will take today to see what the damage is and worst case it'll be swimming for a while and then biking before running but highlights I need to get stronger legs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo