Comeback Mark II (or III or IV oh you get the idea!)

So, long story short, I came back home from Florida way out of shape with all the best intentions in the world.  Struggled running Tuesday to Friday, got around 24 miles in those 4 days.

Friday night tried to kill myself with alcohol and weekend carded two zeros days as it was all I could do to open my eyelids :)

So comeback number 347 or whatever starts here. 

Run 4 miles, nature park at work.

Felt OK, wasn't as slow as I worried and body didn't ache as much as it has been.  Back is an issue, severely tight but hoping regular resistance band will help.

Need to get up early in the mornings to train.  Far too lazy and it's affecting me. 

Will not race until I run morning runs starting with a 6.  Will set alarm and be running at a time in the morning starting with a 6!  Wednesday is gym / swim day.
Rough guide is 4 miles am, 4 miles pm for now with no long runs just get my body used to running regularly.

That's stage one of the comeback.  Get myself ready to start a racing programme.  If I can get there in less than 4 weeks I will be happy.  Eat better too and rest more.

This has got to be the last one, I can't keep up the half arsed running.  It's now or never for a comeback, if it's going to happen things will click. If not I'll be a recreational runner and better dad / husband :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block