IRON Monday TM

After feeling guilty on carding two zero days for the weekend due to an almost terminal dose of #manflu, I decided that I was going to hit IRON Monday today !!

The idea being that every so often I need to remind myself that it's not a paperman, a woodman or even a metalman.  It's an IRONMAN - and to be an IRONMAN you need to be a hard ass.

So, the plan was simple.  Get up at 6am and go for a run.  Run at lunch time and do something in the evening.  3 sessions on a school day, that is enough to make anyone focus!

6am alarm goes off and within 10 minutes I am donning the Skins and out the door all wrapped up SANS iPod - lets make this hard on myself!  4 very easy miles but feel surprisingly good and crank out 7.30 - 8/mm feeling good.  Coughing unreal amounts of shit off my cheast and have to appologise for anyone living near where I ran past as it must have sounded like a wounded cow getting ready to die.


Breakfast, school run and into work and come lunchtime Andy & I hit the mean streets of Stanstead Abbotts for another 10 miles.  Criminally slow but we get through it.  Nice miles and more importantly hours in the bank.  In fact Im only 1 running mile short of last weeks entire total!

Home, kids to their swimming lesson and somewhere inbetween that and dinner and my old hip injury sneaks up on me.  Bit of manipulation and decide against the 3rd run of the day (would have taken me to 19 miles) and settle for an easy 30 min spin on the turbo followed by 10 mins of resistance band (if I had done this to start with would not have had the bloody hip niggle).

So near 3 hours banked for the day - nice start to the week!  Will see how I wake up tomorrow but plan is to do some shit around the house (chores - yawn) then hit a 1 hour swim session on the way to picking up Jezobel (she's had a service and USE Tula aero bars review fitted )

That last bit was just to get 'USE Tula Aero Bar Review' ranked higher in google.  I currently rank 7th !!!

In the evening, depending on how shitty my hip feels, I will either -

a) Do 6 x mile road reps
b) Do easy / steady 1 hour on the Turbo at 20/22 mph
c) Do a progressive tempo

Hip not feeling great, must be old age as always goes a bit shitty this time of year.  Fingers crossed bit of manipulation tonight in bed will solve it (hip obviously ahem)


Either way important to get some pool time tomorrow, very close to hitting my 10k month swim target for November - whod a thunk it !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo