Virgin London Marathon 2012 training day 1

Christmas was a fest of excess. Went to Potters resort in Norfolk, outstanding place, very opulant with loads of activities for the kids and more than enough to do for the adults. What makes the place amazing is the 3 meals a day. There is so much food it's rediculous and you spend time waiting to shovel even more unneeded food in. God knows how many calories I consumed but it was enough for 3 adults a day!

Top that off with all day drinking with family and friends and I am shocked I csme back in the same clothes I went in. Me and the missus joked our table was the diabetes express there was so much rich food being eaten.

Had planned to do Park run at Goreston Cliffs but with the 9am start and 9-10am breakfast window it just never happened. Got out for 20 mins on Christmas day, very lethargic and 45 mins on Boxing day. Started OK but ran last mile on the beach so pace was 9+ mm.

Came back today, missus is still unpacking all the prezzies, there is shite everywhere! Got out for a run at 4.30pm. Have decided to follow the 18 week P&D 75-85 plan. It seems OK, I generally have to move things around so I'll aim at it and see what happens. Also want to get road reps in every other week as I love that session. I think I will follow it as closely as I can and just see what happens.

Todays plan was 9 miles with 4 @ LT. Ended up with 9.27 miles with the 4 LT miles @ 158 bpm (6:27/mm). Pretty damn good right now, was very surprised HR was under control.

1026 beats per mile also, one of the better runs this year. I am going into a marathon plan in pretty good shape, much better than 2 years ago so signs are good. Usually only takes 2/3 weeks to start seeing results.

Have bought my paces down where they need to be, real aim is to get my LT down to 6/mm and my endurance & long runs to 6:30/mm pace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block