At the Races

Have just entered a few races, more in the hope of getting some long training runs in as my 20's are non-existent!

So my racing schedule looks like this -

Jan 15th - Frostbite lge XC 5 miles
Feb 5th - Frostbite lge trail 5 miles
Feb 19th - Sleaford Half (training run with tempo in the middle)
Feb 26th - Tarpley 20 (all at LT)
Mar 5th - Frostbite 5 miles road
Mar 18th - Ashby 20 (harder 20 mile effort)
Mar 25th - Victoria Park 5 miles (big target)

I have targetted Victoria Park 5 as my biggest race pre-London. Would like to have a go at an OAPB (26.47) as it's the course I set my lifetime best (24.10) way back in 1997 !!

Frostbite leagues I will race as hard as I can but will train through each one, even if the day before is a recovery run.

Tarpley & Ashby will run at LT with hopefully a mile or two either side to make a good hard long run. Sleaford will run pretty much flat out but will train through and do a few miles either side however slow!

That takes care of 3 long runs at pace. Just need to fit 3 20+ runs in somewhere. The way it is going I am not sure how I will get them done without pinning a number on but will try and build it up.

Plan for Jan is to build up the miles each week from 62 (first week) without dropping and to work on LT / Tempo so I am getting at least one really good effort over 10+ miles. Would like to get a solo 10 mile tempo in close to 60 mins if I am honest but lets see how it pans out. Doesn't look realistic thus far but work hard and see what happens.

Think I will look daily and see what I fancy doing as it seems to get the mojo flowing better than following a plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo