Bike PB

Picked my bike up from Massif Cycles today after getting it serviced.  £45 for a good clean up and sorting my grinding gears out - cheap at half the price!  Decided to do a ride as test run went well yesterday and I didn't want to jinx anything.  Also doing a steady 7 with DC tomorrow night.

Gave Wenny a shout and hit the usual 21 mile route for some hilly work.  Started easy enough, just trying to keep cadence high and after a slow couple of miles started to work through the gears.

Came down the big hill at 32 mph and into Hilton at 22 on the good road.  Nice to feel pretty good just getting the ride done.  Struggled as usual from Fenstanton to old A428 - that's a tough 5 or 6 miles for me and speed drops to 1/17 mph on that part and the long slow hills take most out of me.

Into Bourn really quick and slightly slower than normal on the bumpy road to Caxton.  Serious wind in face from Caxton to Cambourne and only done that in around 21 mph when 23 is a good one.  Tired coming back home through Cambourne as quads were tired and building up the lactic.

Home in 68.49 which is 50 secs course best so happy with that as I havn't ridden for a while.  Plenty to work on - certainly want to knock that out in 20 mph avge (18.57 mph today) BUT it is getting quicker.  Just got to stick the bike hours in.

Getting Josh Daniels to coach me on the swim technique.  He's ex-international triathlete so he'll get me down where I need to be.

Mikey gave me a Cervello cycling top that he wore once then shrunk in the wash - result !  That's my cycling gear collection doubled haha !  Got to get some more kit and eventually a TT bike to get competitive but for now will just work on getting my flat speed up and then extending the distance out to 50 / 60 miles.  Plenty of time but would be nice to knock out an 80 at some stage this year so it's not such a big jump from 34 miles (furthest ever ride) to 112 !!

Going to stretch and do some core tonight once Ive tidied up some bits and bobs indoors.  Mrs is out tonight so good opportunity to get it done.

Sold my beloved pool table on eBay and did a lot better than I expected for it.  Guys turned up to take it apart but had a massive fail on moving the slate.  They want to do it in one piece and it's supposed to be broken in 3.  They are coming tomorrow night so lucky my old pal DC will be here to lend a hand :)  Will hit him with that one shortly.  Also going to round up a couple more troops from Cambourne then I can get my games room set up properly and get my turbo trainer fixed with a TV to make the time pass sweeter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block