On Yer Bike

Yesterday decided to do the same ride route I did with Ian on Saturday. It a nice route from Cambourne -> Elsworth -> Hilton -> Fenstanton -> Connington -> Knapworth -> Bourn -> Caxton -> Home.


Felt much better and didn't struggle as much on the hills.  Got a puncture somewhere around Fenstanton and spent about 10 mins changing the back.


Ended up with 21.3 miles in 72 mins @ 17.5 mph on the Garmin.


Felt good and enjoyed it and happy that I managed to fix my first puncture on the go!


Ate well again yesterday, lots of fruit & a healthy dinner.  Drinking more water nowadays too which can only be good and laying off chocolate, fizz & crisps.  Also not too much tea / coffee - about half of the usual.


Today I had a day off work.  No-one around so pointless going in and wanted to get an early ride in back on the same route.  Set off thinking it would be a struggle to ride on tired legs but went really well.


Was averaging 18.5 mph at Fenstanton when I started to hear the same drag noise as the day before.  Another puncture in the same spot.  Wheel wasn't too flat so decided to inflate the tyre with gas and just get home as it's about 6 miles for the shortest route (and 12 miles done).


Rode off OK then just before Knapwell - shit - flat again.  Novice mistake, should have changed the innertube!  Inflated with the rest of the gas and about 3 mins later entering Knapwell was on the rim.  Rode slow up the hill.  Decided against taking my mobile - rookie mistake number 2 !!


Luckily found a phone box.  Have not used one for about 15 years FFS !!  They dont take coins but you can reverse charge so gave Ange a shout and got her to pick me up the last 4 miles to save damaging the wheel.


Changed tube this evening, inflated & bought more gas.  Rode out again to test it, just 10 miles on the Bourn loop (the bit I hadn't done this morning).  Averaged 18.3 mph for the 10 and a bit miles.  Struggled through Caxton - was 19 mph up till then.


Definitely getting stronger doing more bike work.  Have done 65 miles since Saturday and 7 miles run.  Not sitting about but still cannot wait to run again.  Decided to have a proper rest day tomorrow - it's been a while since I have done nothing and I've averaged about 70 mins per day cardio since Saturday.


Redecorating our en-suite this week.  Shower door fell off and the Mrs ruined the carpet after a mamoth drinking session about a year ago so we've not used it.  Re-grouted the tiles after having a new door fitted and just laying some laminate floor tiles - its looking pretty good !


Tomorrow will eat perfectly to offset the lack of exercise.  Becoming paranoid about loosing fitness but actually think I will be in half decent shape with all the biking I'm doing.  I'll do a long cycle on Sunday if I'm not running - have some base miles booked in and would be great to be running by then but if not I'll up the bike load.  Could do with a swim this week too to live up to the title of this blog !!


Today averaged about 18.3 mph I think that's the fastest I've been on the bike.  Legs getting better and feel like I am having a good workout.  Only issue is back feels tight.  Going to Youtube some stretches for that tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo