Ironman Zurich 2013

As the blog title and the post title suggest - I have entered an Ironman - Zurich on 28th July 2013.


Andy, Bob and myself are all in but there's doubt on Mark who may have to work that weekend.


So having never done a triathlon of any kind I am going straight in at the deep end :)


Training wise it's giving me a real perk up about things - new challenges and all that.  I guess it doesn't change things massively as London 2013 is still my big aim on the horizon.  Most of my training will remain run based and trying to be as strong as possible on two feet.


I'll do some swimming once a week up until taper time, just working on technique and distance in the pool but I had planned to do some x-training anyhow. I really want to be strong on the swim and nail that 2.4 in about an hour or so to get on the bike as quick as possible.


My bike is weak which I know but I have lots of people to ride with and especially Ian T who is really strong.  My aims for that right now are to get up to 20 mph as quick as possible on that hilly route and then work on doing some longer stuff on flatter routes to get distance up.  One or two rides a week and plenty of time on the turbo should help me get strong on the bike and like I say 20mph avge is ambitious but not a crazy target.  In fact I think that's slower than the average bike stage on Zurich for all 2000 people !

On to the run - I got out for 7 last night.  Few stops to stretch and it did tweak at about 1000m in to the run but went OK on the trails and actually felt relaxed and strong for 50.14 (7.24/mm) but HR was way too high at 155 bpm.  That's OK though, no running, big weekend, heat and hilly trails would push that up but the big win was the calf was a bit tight but not sore at the end.  Happy days :)

So the big challenge lays ahead but still the first obstacle is to run pain free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block