Getting better

Got out for half hour run this morning in the rain.  Felt really good and leg was tight but didn't pull at all so happy days looks like it's recovering nicely.  Also noticeable that I wasn't hanging out of my backside and I think the diet is helping with that.  Didn't wear the Garmin but was certainly sub 8/mm and at this stage I'll take that !

Really positive after that, just what I needed.  Am going to do another 15-20 mins on the TT tonight and some resistance band work to top the day off.

Out on the bike with Ian T tomorrow, he's doing an easy one and it'll be good for me to stay off the run but do a good hour cardio.  I'll have a go at a slightly longer run Sunday and hopefully can start tentatively back on Monday then.  At some stage I'm going to have to run on roads and not trails.

Suppliments turned up today. My pal Dan has got a programme for me to help with recovery, that's been the limiting factor and if I can pace up on steady runs and increase workouts we'll be back and on track in no time.

Like I said last night, I have set a pretty fierce target and I haven't really thought about what sort of schedule I need to be on for that.  I reckon I need to be able to run sub 40 mins for 10k by next week as a starter, so that's the aim.  Try and do a good tempo and monitor the HR if I can find my working Garmin !

Going to try and not do too much too soon and ease myself into it with some X-Training.  Plenty of bike and swim is the way forward for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo