Slow Week

Did my first swim for a LONG time on Wednesday.  Headed to Parkside pool in Cambridge where the boys have their lessons and knocked out an easy mile.  No warm ups / down / pool buoys etc... just in -> swim -> out !

Took a while to get into it and get my head around it but after half way found it went pretty quick.  Was loads of traffic though and was forever overtaking girls doing breast stroke.  I thought in the medium lane I would be far too slow but there was only one guy overtaking me and he was doing 3/4 lengths and having a rest.

Haven't swam since November 29th which is far too long and need to keep my eye in the pool.  Worked out maybe 35 mins of swimming which is OK considering it was more like a fartlek with all the overtaking, slowing down and farting about.  Much prefer it at Manor of Groves where I can just go up and down for 81 lengths with the pool to myself!

Out for Anges birthday yesterday on my 'rest' day which involved lots and lots of walking!  She couldn't find what she wanted anyways so just ended up walking around London looking in all the designer shops and leaving!  Didin't get myself anything but did have a lovely lunch on the roof terrace at Harvey Nicks (lar-deh-dah).

Today have loads to sort out so will try and sneak a run in somewhere.  Have to take my bike in to the shop to get a look over and service so that should be OK next week and no punctures !  Then will get a half hour run in somewhere and that should be it for the day.  Lot of running about dropping the kids at my mum and dads then tomorrow it's Anges birthday and I'll try and get another half hour run in around Cambridge at some stage as we're staying in town.

Then the Olympics all kicks off next week and I've ended up getting loads of tickets offered from friends so happy days but training will be hard to come by !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo