On yer bike

Lazy day watching the Brownlees tear up the Olympic triathlon in my pants today, was an amazing race those guys are animals.  Gutted for Johnny to get a stop-go pen for transition error but goes to show it could happen to any of us.

Those guys really laid it on the line today and it's great to see smaller sports inspiring the nation.

Decided to ride today, need to do a couple a week and set on the 21.3 hilly route that Ian showed me.

Set off OK, quads have been sore for a few days off the volume I have been doing (18 miles on Sunday were tough on them).

Really good pace first few miles down to Elsworth but after a slow climb up the hill I knew it would be a tough ride in the latter miles.  Descended OK down to the main road and set a really good pace up to Hilton and into Fenstanton.  Turning into the wind was double tough.  The run from Fenstanton to Bourn is very tough for me (as I have blogged a few times about), the long slow climbs and it's really open.  I always struggle on this 5/6 mile patch and today my quads were just to tired to get the peddles moving.

Worked hard to get through to the hill over the A428 and the run down to Bourn itself is downhill but dead into the wind was tough mashing the peddles.  The bumpy ride to Caxton seemed extra slow today and I stopped on top of the last hill to catch some water and let the quads ease up.

After that I actually peddled out the saddle OK up through Caxton and the roundabout run to Cambourne and home I really melted it at 22 mph ish all the way.

Finished up with 69.35 which is 2nd quickest ride on that route.  Fastest time was with Wenny taking the wind so got to be happy that it's progress.  Was hard work today and just shows that I need a rest day.  8 hours 11 mins of workouts in the last 6 days is good starting effort for an ironman but that needs to be up towards 20 when I am fitter.

Good food and feet up tonight.  Rest day tomorrow and Olympic Boxing later on.  Happy days !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block