Run run run

Sunday I set off for a steady 8.  Was feeling tired and not expecting much really, hoping for 7.15 pace to be fair.

Felt good and was checking pace by the 2nd mile (6.40) and by half way I felt a little tired but was nice to finally run at a decent clip.

Finished up the 8 miles in 53.39 for 6.42/mm which is great at this stage.  All about improving daily and that was certainly achieved!

Monday was double recovery day - my core marathon training start to the week of a nice easy double.  First up was an easy 10k with Andy at work.  Worked out at 9.20ish pace as he is struggling since Zurich. Legs felt happy at the end of that which is what I need.  In the evening I got an easy 3 done over the trails, think I got excited as I was running a bit quick for a recovery but more than happy with that.

First day of the week and 9.2 miles of easy base running in the bank and 17 for day-to-day which is perfect for what I am trying to achieve.

Today I am in work but I will try and sneak a long ride in tonight, maybe 3 hours as we are off to Stonehenge with the kids for a couple of days tomorrow.  I'll rest Wednesday and then swim in the hotel pool Thursday which will work out perfect.  If I ride Friday, Swim & Run Saturday and Run long & TT Sunday I will nail a perfect week I reckon - well, thats the plan lets see what happens!

My training is pretty much day-to-day whilst I am coming back.  Trying to keep an eye on the niggles and work around them.  Focus is on getting stronger at all 3 disciplines each time I do them and it's hard to only run 3/4 times a week as I feel like I am cheating.

The double days will help with this, I'll try and settle into 2 double run days per week from next week and as long as things keep heading in the right direction I'll be a happy chappy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo