Get out or it won't get done

Andy & I have an old saying - get out or you won't get it done.  If we delay a run we know it's going to end up going in the bin.  Same happened today, after yesterdays rest day and evening at the Olympics, woke up dead tired today.  Monged out on the sofa, late breakfast and by the time I got my act together the missus is going out and I am not going to be able to get out.

Off to watch GB Hockey semi final tonight, should be a good experience and I am loving the Olympic park! Yesterday was supposed to watch Boxing but pal managed to swap for 2 athletics tickets.  Really great seats - check out the view of Bolty winning the 200m semi final :)

Late dinner and a few beers then it was last train home.  The rattler into Cambridge is shocking, takes about 2 hours so didn't get back till 2am.  Like I say really tired today !!

So, depending on what time Ange gets back I may try and do a 25 mins TT session to get something done but I am out at 4.15 and it's 2.30 now so that window is narrow !

Pissed off that I should have gotten off my lazy arse but it is what it is.

Can't believe we are getting to the pointy end of the Olympics now,  Football season just around the corner but not the same.  This Olympics has been amazing.

To be fair I have hardly done any work, ignored the kids and training has been at about 80% so life will probably improve from next Monday in all areas !!

Comments

  1. Ended up getting out for a very short tempo session but good one to build on.

    1 mile steady
    1 mile tempo
    1 mile steady

    Short session due to time constraints but will add a mile each week. Splits 7.21, 5.51, 7.14

    V.Happy with that, sub 6 for first time since 10k that I dropped out of I think !! Happy to get first tempo session done, times will start coming down now as I get stronger. No calf issue at pace either so over the moon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo