Motivational Black Hole

Yesterday I got a nice swim in - 40 mins continuous - at a decent pace feeling pretty easy. felt tough at first but could have gone on for a lot longer had the timer not run out for the dreaded schools swim!

Swimming is going pretty well, down to the hours I am putting in. Feel pretty comfortable swimming 1:50-1:55 for long sets and pushing it at about 1:45 pace (per 100m) for shorter stuff. It's getting there, not exactly Mike Phelps but I'm no Ian Turner either ;)

Got a session with josh to work on technique next week and that usually sees me clip a few seconds off. Who knows, at this rate I may not be last out of the water!

Ventured out for a run to test the calf. Outcome was calf was ok, hop wasn't bad and developed a bit of a sore foot with the snow and ice but pace was brutally slow 8:30 ish and didn't feel that slow!

Today started feeling a bit low. Didnt help that I forgot my kit for work and did my run at home later on. Plan was an easyish hour but outcome was 5.3 miles @ 8.40 pace. I know it's slow in the snow and ice but this is crazy, I can't keep getting out for that return I'd rather sit in the garage on the bike. Bit pissed off and annoyed with it all now.

Since frostbite when I wanted to push the running on I have had 2 weeks of easing off the calf and generally feeling shite running. Had a great run last Thursday but this just confuses me more and makes it more annoying. Still coughing up thick green slime and now I am feeling a bit rough. All in all pretty fucked off at the minute.

Want to run hard and pick the pace up but everything is against it. Fuck off snow and Fuck off green slime.

Rant over!

Comments

  1. Snows shit!Days of finishing at 10am are long gone,home at 3:30,quick coffee and out the door for run at 3:45.Wouldnt worry about the running youve still got it when it counts,you only have to look at Frostbite,Have a good weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers buddy, will find out tomorrow!! Be good to catch up soon

    Daz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block