Race Prep

Racing tomorrow, even though I toed the line last weekend I am taking this as a more serious test of fitness. Last week was all about a good hard run, I knew I would be shit in the conditions and the time / position reflected it. The fact that some good runners were in the vicinity showed me that I am in the right ball park but tomorrow will give me a closer window into where I am.

Last year I ran 28.13 for the 5 miles on hard ground. Conditions should be exactly the same tomorrow and even though I am aiming for less (will be happy with 28.45ish) I still think I am in reasonable shape after Tuesdays track session.
So far this week training has looked like this -

Monday 2.5k swim, 40 min turbo @ 20 mph Tuesday 8 x 800 track session @ 2.38 avge Wednesday 10 miles easy (very tired) Thursday 2.4k swim but nice quality Friday 40 miles bike (30 steady, 10 harder) @ 20mph Today REST

Still lacking bike and run miles (should hit 30 run but only 53 bike this week) but overall not so bad. Few work/home commitments but reasonably good week as pool went really well and 800s were much better than expected.

Day before a race I like to get my kit ready early and have a nice stretch. Also hope to nail food and not drink much which I have managed today (unlike last weekend)!

I will do a good stretch and relax in front of the telly. Earlyish night (11.30ish) then up at about 8. Good breakfast and set off reasonably early to do a good warm up.

Plan is to do a few miles around the race to make up for what I have missed this week (only 16 miles so far). I'll probably do 2 warm up very slow then a good cool down. That should leave me with just 4/5 to jog out tonight to finish the week off.

Sub 29 seems a reasonable goal at the minute but we'll not be counting chickens just yet and hoping it goes as well as it can tomorrow. If I nail it like I did last year it takes the pressure off of looking for races anytime soon and have the reassurance that training is in the right direction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block