Tem-poo

Today's plan - 10 steady, 30 tempo 160-165 bpm, 10 easy.

The first part of the warm up was bang on, 7:03 pace for 145 bpm feeling easy. Then the HR started to climb until the last few seconds of the 10 mins were at 153 bpm and pace dropped to 7:13. Was practically walking.

Very windy out today and the start of the tempo section just lifted it to 162 bpm for 6:42 pace. Held around that until I turned at 15 mins. Stopped to stretch as it was pointless, jogged back at 6:50 pace for the last 8 mins or so with wind behind.

4.5 miles @ 6:55/mm avge. HR somewhere north of lunar. Frustrating as it's indicating something isn't 100%. Should be around 6:20 pace for that HR, was a struggle today but not ideal conditions.

Shin was pretty OK to be fair. Very low ache and no sharp pain when I started running. The new form is certainly helping. Feels like it may be contributing to the increased HR but today was very strange.

Positive thing is that I'm still in the game.  4-5 miles at sub 7's is also a great place to be. I'm not a million miles of where it needs to be and I've had a good 3 weeks of shite training load.

Resting HR was 49 bpm today compared to 43 on Thursday but I just put that down to having a few beers yesterday and running around all morning. 

Weight was at 11st 1lb on Thursday which is lowest this year (god knows how). To be honest as it's silly season, I am not going to panic as it's going to be a few more weeks of late boozy nights, junk food and general shite lifestyle but as long as my shins not completely popped I'll remain positive.

Plan for the short term is pretty much what I have been doing.  I may / may not run tomorrow - will see if anything develops.

Next week aim to get 4 runs in. I'm away in Barcelona Mon - Weds so will try and get one in there. Thursday works lunch will be semi messy so Friday will be a whatever happens run and ideally something decent with quality over the weekend.

Pace is interesting as with the new form very little is much over 7/mm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo