Test #1

There's mambo number 5 and test number 1. Long story short they are both irritating and a bit meh!

So 5km easy tonight with the boy. Flat at 8/mm. Forgot my heart rate monitor so no idea on HR data to see what damage has been done. Felt easy however it also felt like 6/mm would be in another stratosphere.

Ran with two thoughts - 1) forefoot strike and 2) shorten stride.

Have to say yes my calves felt a bit weird and under more pressure BUT it did relieve the strains I've had.  As always the acid test is how will tomorrow feel !!

Other changes - placed arch supports on and ran in compression socks. Will continue with these every run.

I always ran on toes as a kid but I think I may have dipped to heel / midfoot strike since I returned to fatness.  It felt much easier for the effort I put in, I'd thought pace was closer to 8:30/mm when I first glanced. Possibly this opens a few doors but right now I purely want to run unhindered.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo