Back to Life

Back to reality. Still not right, cough is still there and throat is annoyingly just not quite right. It's just taking longer to completely heal and it's frustrating. I'm definitely healthy it's just a slight tickle in the very bottom of my thraot.

Frustratingly I seem to have coughed myself into an inguinal hernia. No issues with it, feels a little strange but I do have a Drs Appt next week to check it out.

Tuesday I decided to crack out a steady to tempo run up and down the hill. Wore the Alphaflys and off a 7.03/mm first mile up the hill I slowly increased the pace. Finished up with a 6.23/mm avge and last 2 miles very low 6s back down the hill. HR good, never got to 10k effort. Cold in my lungs though and legs ached quite a bit afterwards. Nice to blow off some cobwebs.

Coke club Wednesday with Rich. 8 miles @ 8.03/mm. HR slightly higher for pace than previous but to be expected I guess once restarting.

Today I wanted to do a session. Coughing a little more than normal annoyingly but hit the session anyway. 5 mins @ threshold [2] 8 x 60/30 @ 5k [2] 5 mins threshold.

In Metaspeeds so power low and more comfortable. 16.8 kmph for the thresh and 18 kmph for the 5k efforts. Not really up for this (lots going on at the minute) and feeling effects and aches of a restart so happy enough to get it banked and move on.

Not really progress but after 2 solid effort sessions I'm not a million miles off where I was. The conditioning is what's really missing and I'm aching more than I would like. It's improving but I think it'll be a week or so before I feel normal.

The cold weather puts a bit of a spanner in things as I'm not sure race wise what's going to come off. Telford looks like it'll go ahead. From Tuesday's run I am thinking I'll probably be looking around 5.50 pace maybe. I'd like to consider Parkrun the week after but no idea if the course will be runable or if my body will fancy a blast out at -6 degrees !!

This hernia thing (I am Dr Google here but does seem highly likely) feels a little weird. As I'm still coughing that's not helping but I have literally no idea what the prognosis will be there, if I'll be forced rest, immediate surgery or put off until next year I just have no plan as yet.

Will likely run long tomorrow on the trails and rest Saturday in advance of Sunday. CTL back to 50 now and pretty level. Plan for now is still just to completely heal and stay indoors for sessions. Roll on Summer 23 lol


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo