Belly's Gonna Get Ya

Really struggling not to consume anything and everything at the minute. Clearly not tracking calories and haven't dared weigh in for weeks BUT actually feel like I am in OK shape. Booze has been a staple this week and I feel extra sluggish during the day.

TP shows that since I shed 10 CTL points while I was ill I've pretty much been and stayed fresh for the last 2 weeks.

Obviously with the shit snow and ice I got some quality done but volume was down. This week (started with my birthday) I have felt best I have for a while.

Decent session bagged on Thursday - it'll be the only real quality of the week but plan was 4 x 2km of 2 mins followed by 4 x 60/60.

Target was 10k effort / power and actually nailled that pretty well. Ended up doing session as 4 x 7 mins as was easier to keep track and paces was almost perfect 2km.

Paces were -

Warm up - 6.38/mm 276w 143 bpm (152 max)

1.25m - 7 mins - 5.36/mm - 310w - 156 bpm (165)

1.25m - 7 mins - 5.39/mm - 308w - 160 bpm (167)

1.26m - 7 mins - 5.35/mm - 309w - 162 bpm (170)

1.26m - 7 mins - 5.34/mm - 311w - 167 bpm (169)

The 60s were at 5k pace and effort (5.13/mm - 5.24/mm)

Bit weird, I picked up Ian's power and HRM at stages so clearly not mine and pushed up average (I've worked out these manually above). Either way a decent session, 32 mins banked at low 5.30s. Pace felt very comfortable which was nice. The volume always start to drag on these sessions as it's more than I am used to but feel a huge benefit from them.

100% I'll keep these in as a focus going forwards and just aim to see those paces drop.

Good news is that 330w will be very low 5s so hopefully I am able to handle those once I lace up.

I'd actually quite fancy ParkRun this Saturday with DC as I reckon I'd push for a course pb but I really, really need a good long run in the legs. I can't see Xmas day happening so I will end up with something like another 45ish for the 3rd week running (off 5 days) which isn't terrible but obviously not the place I would like it to be.

I think a variation of this session will work nicely. 3k 1k 3k 1k or 2k 1600 1200 1000 800 400 400 200 or 8 x km or 2 x 4k will really bubble along nicely. 5 miles is plenty of volume for me so I'll just keep it around that. Effort wise the main part at 10k effort but push down towards target 5k pace by the end will be nice. Getting these below 5.30s is clearly a good start tho.

I'll probably do 400s or something on another session and mix that up with some longer tempo work or long threshold hills for strangth.

As I get to February I'd def like to start looking at some barrier work. Last long run was 4 weeks ago and I need one at least bi weekly for a bit to get conditioning back in the legs.

Interim plan is to get the conditioning back in the legs, keep sessions going and get a benchmark out there. I NEED A RACE !! Once I have that, focus back on getting ready for a target.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block