Too Much Too Soon

Very tired today, felt a bit ill again and still coughing. Todays 'long' run was a pitiful effort - 8 miles on the trails. HR slightly elevated for pace (even off road) and a few coughing fits from the cold air.

Think I've pushed a little too hard this week. Aiming to get some fitness I do need to cut some corners but def feel the need for a rest day tomorrow. Hopefully with a solid nights sleep I'll come good.

Sunday I am heading to Telford for the 10k. If anything it'll be a good course reccy but it'll be under control and a hard tempo effort. Don't get me wrong, if I'm going well and feel good I'll push on but I'm just hoping for a solid hit out at around 5.50 pace. That's definitely somewhere I can push on from. Not sure how good I'll feel in that weather but I'll lace them up and see what happens. Long way off the expected 5.30 pace from 3 weeks ago but hey, that was 3 weeks ago !!

Lots going on at home and the mojo is lower than it was but I'm just trying to stay in the game right now. At some stage my lungs will clear up, legs will refresh and I'll feel ready to hammer it again but for now it's just going through the motions.

Have looked back at training logs and the rare occasion I've had a solid cough they have been around 3 weeks later so it's just a waiting game. Also need to check this hernia out next Thurs and find out what the fuck that's all about. No pain, does feel 'something' there but no idea what they will expect me to do with it.

Diet has kind of gone out the window, no point worrying until a) life settles down and b) I feel ready to race properly again. Have options but I'm just weighing things up right now.

This cold weather is utter dog shit btw. Really cannot stand this if I am honest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo