Nigglefix

Plan this week was to hit the miles - nice and easy and plenty of them.  Build some conditioning, it's been missed!

After Saturdays 5k, managed to get an easy evening run in, plus a nice long (for me) run on Sunday, easy double on Monday, 6 easy in the rain Tuesday & easy shakeout 3 plus 8 last night.  46 miles in 5 days - very decent return for me recently.

Got back from last nights run but had a nagging heel pain.  Maybe plantar, but to be safe completely sacked off today's run(s). I am taking no chances from here!  Fuck needing 3 weeks off again because I couldn't sacrifice a few 8/mm shuffles.

Not sure where the issue has developed.  It's possible that the new foot massager we bought has been an issue?  Unlikely but I won't try it for a few days (it's the nuts to be fair).  Most likely cause was running Monday morning in trail shoes.  They were awesome off road but over the tarmac they made my shins ache.  First time (apart from spikes 3/4 times) for about 5 months that I have not ran in either Zoom Fly OR 4%. Finally, another factor could be slower running.  Everything between 7.15 and 9/mm since the race. Only one run was at a clip - 7.15/mm on Monday evening - and legs felt good after that.

SO - rest up - lets get on top.  Stick to ZoomX cushioning. Keep the pace back up.  I think we'll re review miles in a few weeks.  Saying that I won't do sessions as such but maybe something threshold on Friday / Saturday and a decent paced 10 maybe on Sunday.  Also I'll stick to treadmill for my shakeouts as I think that will help long term.

Been reading Daniels running formula.  Very interesting as it helps with the stuff that I help the Jacob & Sawyer out with at the minute so will help me give them better focus and sessions.

For me, it's really interesting in terms of training.  I'm keen to give it a go, probably start with the 1500m - 2 mile plan or maybe the 5k & 10k one.  The sessions look very tame to what I a used to but the whole VDOT pace thing aligns perfectly with me.  The broken sessions they do are familiar to the boys training - say sets of 200 rep, 200 jog, 200 rep, 200 jog, 400 rep, 400 jog for a mile of broken effort.  They do 5 of these sets for example for 5 miles of set with 2.5 miles of effort.  I'd do say 10 x 400m off a minute for the same quality volume but far less overall volume.  I'm willing to learn.

Looks a bit complicated with the paces but I think overall It's run at a better pace. I've got 12 weeks until the new year and zero focus races on the horizon until indoors in Feb so could be something to look at.

Have to say, Sawyer boy is impressing on the training front.  If I can get him to be more confident I think he'll be comfortably running 7.30 for junior Parkrun soon.  He will be dangerous in the u13 age group next year, certainly faster than his brother!  Talking of which, Jake is focusing on tempo strength at the minute.  He needs to be running 16.30 Parkruns by end of the year which I don't think he will be far off. When his head is switched on he's golden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block