Freshness v Fitness

Kitted up tonight, ready to run. Didn't.

I'm bordering on being very fit at the minute, it's so easy to get carried away and start burying yourself BUT the focus this week is on the speed sessions and with the first tomorrow it's pointless going into the red for an easy run.

In terms of numbers, my CTL is 52, my ATL is 56 and Freshness -12. Yesterday my ATL was 65.
Resting today, even though I am feeling good is the right call, there's every possibility I'll be fucked by the time I get up the track.

Before Biggleswade the numbers were CTL = 49, ATL = 44 Freshness = -1 - those look like good numbers to be race ready.  I stuck in a good week last week and raise the fitness so even though I am good tonight it's a tight rope.

If I was marathon training I'd happily have run twice today to build the fatigue but being recovered to run 8 miles at 7/mm and being recovered to run a track session at 4.30/mm are too very different things!

Getting a longer run in at a decent pace and running easy for longer at better pace is lifting the fitness.  It's slowly built from just under 50 to just over in the last couple of months without feeling the pressure to continually improve.

Really want to keep my easy runs able to be at a decent pace, even the one between sessions on Wednesday.  I'd still like to think I could run 16.30 on a perfect day but it looks like that will have to wait. 

Plan for now is to get those track times coming down.  Lots of 200 & 400 sessions coming up.

My VDOT paces are 37 secs and 74 secs for those sessions.  Ideally I'll like to see those down at 32 and 70.  I think personally, with the training I am doing, if I can run those paces in sessions I would like to think 16.15 is on the cards.  That's a LONG way off though !  Still, that's in the plan !!

Have drawn up race's I'll be looking to do this winter.  First real tested will e the Wolverton 5 where sub 28 should be do able.  After that there's a big gap until the indoor races in February where it would be nice to get close to some target times for the season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo