Well rested

Yesterdays rest day paid off handsomly today.  Decent track session bagged, new plan for the next few months to see if it helps.  Ultimately I want to see 400m intervals being knocked out in sub 70 secs and 200m in 30 secs.  So, I'll try anything to see how it helps out.

Warmed up well, about 6.50 for the mile then did drills and stretching.

Session was 6 x 400m (200 jog) + 4 x 200 (200 jog) quite short but decent volume with the jog thrown in.

Target paces from VDOT - 74 secs and 37 secs

First 400m was a bit salty at 70.x. Felt ok to be fair but warey that there's a long way to go.  No point doing anything silly on session 1.  Followed up with 72, 72, 73, 72, 73 for 72.xx avge for the 400m.
Walked 200m - was pretty hard off starting too hard then into the 200s - 34, 35, 34, 33 for 34 avge.

Both sets of intervals way under VDOT targets for my pace so shows I am in good nick.  Also, not a million miles off the paces I need to run.  Volume isn't a huge problem at the minute as this is specific training to 1,500m - 3,000m.

Obviously my aim is to work a really good amount of speed into the diet so that 5.10/mm feels comfortable - eventually !  Sounds crazy right now but give me a few months!

Recovery jogs were around 70 secs on each rep apart from the one after the last 400m.

Cooled down with a 6.27/mm mile chatting to Nick!

So decent sessions banked, really good start and think I am going to enjoy these track sessions.  If the pace keeps dropping (I was 75 avge for 5 x 400m when I started) I will be in a good spot. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block