Eat (sometimes) don't run, sleep, repeat

Blog purely for future reasons - when I have same injury again and to give me some sense of persepctive!

DO YOUR FUCKING STRENGTH WORK !!

Glutes baby, that's where it's at. Stay on top of those hips and don't slack, that's why I'm in this mess!

So, 4 weeks today since the session where it popped.  Sine then I've struggled to run a few times (pointlessly) but starting now to feel like it's finally healing.

Issue now is right at very top of (Soleius maybe) and radiates down quad.  No real issues at bedtime, just some minor aches during the day.

Off to Osteo today - hips & back are probably not helping so finsgers crossed they've eased up enough for her to pull me back into line more.

Weight isn't too bad - mainly because I was ill at the weekend and had literally zero appetite.  Probably a couple of weeks easy running will sort that out so no panic.  Still sub 11 stone which is great as I was over that and running well earlier in the year.

At the stage running seems a lot of work but again, conditioning will be through the floor!

Starting to think about when I am likely to start attempting to run again.  I'm away at the weekend so start of next week wouldn't be a bad place.  Main issue will be just managing some pain to start with.  I'll most likely either treadmill (to keep things in check) or grass run for the first week at least.

I'll also need to roll and rehab without going mad on strength for the first couple of weeks.  I'll draw up some mad plan no doubt - at least it'll give me something to focus on.

Main thing for me is running healthy by Christmas.  That way I can get some work done into the new year but no focus races until I get some testing done.

Mind you, we're getting carried away as I'm not 100% to start yet!

Boys are running well, Jake with his first frostbite win at the weekend and Sawyer boy going from strength to strength.

Roll on 2020, been a pony finish to the year but cannot complain from where I started.

Be interesting if anyone want's to match up for sessions when I am coming back as I don't think I'll be too fit on day 1 but I am not planning on hanging about to get into 16 high shape again.


EDIT: added - wen't to Osteo.  Lots of cracking and prodding but good news that pelvis is more or less back in alignment.  Everything much more settled.  Need to focus on opening up lower back and think about posture.  Time to start planning the runback.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo