Rehab day #1

I'd actually class myself now in rehab.  Hip is 100% not 100% but I'd say maybe 90% and it doesn't seem to be getting worse.

So day off yesterday after Tuesday's relatively successful 4 and absolutely smashed the food and drink lol

Ran today with Jake. Straight up and down the hill out and back on the tempo route. Fucking hell, that hill batters the HR from the off.  Technically today was tempo based on Hr #ouch

First mile nice and slow getting used to running.  Got to half way then stopped to stretch.  Bit grumbly on the way back but settled in on the downhill and got to around 7/mm for the return leg although pace was shite in the last mile as lack of conditioning went into over drive.

Probably about as far as I can run right now, I will limit myself to 5 miles max during rehab but try and keep the pace respectable.  If I'm running 7.30's it's not a total disaster.

Legs battered afterwards - again lack of conditioning - nice to feel that it's been too long!

So rehab will be to run 4-5 time per week. plenty of S&C work. When I can run relaxed at 7-7.30/mm for 6 miles I'll class myself as back in training but until then we'll stay under monitor.  Don't want to pres and go back to the 'attempt' stage anytime soon that's for sure.

Did laugh to myself thinking about running 5.xx pace today. Fuck that sounds properly painful.  I will remember this lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo